Friday, August 26, 2022

Why teach?


 When I was younger, I struggled in school due to me moving back and forth due to being in a middle of a custody war. I ended up struggling with a lot in many subjects, mostly math. I had one tutor that helped me become better at math. She inspired me to become a teacher because I want to help students understand that they can do math and any subject. It is also a family tradition; most of my sisters are teachers. My sisters would always tell me stories about how they enjoyed teaching. I also helped my sister in the classroom when she would teach; I would sit in the back and watch her lead, which also inspired me. I will be honest, I hated being a student, but I would come across excellent teachers that made me enjoy my time in school, which I inspire to be. I would love to work with elementary students specifically because I love kids. I have a huge passion for art, but I would love to be able to teach any subject. 


I want to teach elementary students; I would love to teach art because I love art. I love to use any medium, so being able to teach students how to be creative would be so fantastic. I would love to teach my students to think outside the box and challenge them. I believe teaching this age would help me stay on my toes, and I get to teach them early in their lives, so I hope I can help make an impact on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does money really have to do with it?

 With schools, it costs money, especially with small classes. Money helps schools with teacher salaries, support, books, supplies, food, and...